Our mission:

- to provide organic vegetables that are not currently available in this area.
- to provide organic vegetables and possibly some fruit at a less expensive price.
- to provide a variety of vegetables that can feed a family at mealtimes.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Guacamole

This is the treat I make if I want something yummy that is not sweet. I could eat the whole bowl if it is made from good ripe avocados.

2 avocados
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, dried
1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh gives best results)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. paprika

Avocados should be soft. If they do not give a little when gently squeezed they are not ripe. Scoop out avocado flesh, mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and let flavors blend.

This does not make a spicy guacamole. Add more chili powder to make it spicier.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like my recipe, except I prefer parsley to cilantro and have never added chili powder...

    Do you have a favorite recipe for collard greens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I have never made collard greens, but Chris said he made it the same way as the kale (steam 7 minutes, butter, salt) and it was very tender and delicious. So that's what I plan on doing. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

    ReplyDelete